Get certified from a medical clinic you can trust! Our patients can use their medical insurance at our primary care clinic and at Innovative Wellness. After two visits, our physician may recommend you for the Medical Cannabis Card, provided you have a Qualified Condition.
If you feel you have PTSD but have never been officially diagnosed, click here for an evaluation done by telemedicine.
If you have had concussions and believe you have post-concussion syndrome, click here for an evaluation done by telemedicine.
We are seeing all conditions, including PTSD patients for certification for Medical Cannabis Cards.
Innovative Wellness Care will prepare you for your doctors visits and guide you through the application process.
New patient applications are available in 1,2, or 3 year cards.
To obtain a medical card in Illinois you must:
- • Have a qualified condition
- • Physician’s Certification
- • Show proof of residency in illinois. See examples here
- • Have an Illinois ID or Driver’s License, or valid US Passport
- • Passport Photo (These can be obtained at Walgreens, CVS, or your local post office)
- • Application Fee
Let our professional staff answer questions regarding the process, forms, doctor’s visit, and application.
Renewal Application You should receive your renewal letter within 60 days of your card expiring. You can not renew your application until you receive your Renewal Letter from IDPH.
All renewals must be done online at: medicalcannabispatients.illinois.gov . If you’d like, we can do this for you!
Coming in 2019!
Cannabis as an Alternative to Opioids
Starting in 2019, patients will be able to access medical cannabis (with a physician’s approval) as an alternative to their opioid prescription. More details to come!
Doctor visit #1* – Billing/ Insurances we accept
Doctor visit #2
Illinois Application Fee (Illinois charges $100, $200, or $250 for 1, 2, or 3 year certifications, respectively or half if you are on disability or are a veteran).
If we do not take your insurance, you qualify for the Self Pay Plan, which is $175 per visit.
Normally, a patient-physician relationship takes at least 2 visits, however there are cases that may take longer. This is determined by the physician on a case-by-case basis.
If we do take your insurance then this option of applying for your medical cannabis card can be the most cost effective for you.
***Please consider adding a caregiver***
A Caregiver is someone you trust to pick up and bring home your medical cannabis from the dispensary legally, when you are unable to go yourself. They are also able to go into the dispensary with you. If you’d like to add a caregiver, the cost is $25 per year. Caregivers must be at least 21 years of age, and an Illinois resident.
The Innovative Wellness Care staff will guide you by answering any questions regarding combinational treatments available via the Illinois Medical Cannabis Card. Our knowledgeable compassionate staff will, with integrity and responsibility to your healthcare needs and goals, advise you on the benefits of treatment as well as the side effects.
What you get from Innovative Wellness:
• Most commercial medical insurances are accepted
• Provide telemedicine if you live far away
• Ability to continue your healthcare needs as a provider even after certification
• Education for patients and caregivers on Medical Cannabis based on individual needs
• Answers to questions you have regarding the application paperwork
How do you book an appointment?
Fill out the form provided on this page! We need to screen you prior to the visit, please fill out the form and we will get back to you.
After a pre-screening process, we will book your appointment with the physician and email you all the necessary forms to get started.
Below are the medical conditions you must have by Illinois law. You must also have medical records from the last year that state you have this condition (doctor’s note is fine, but real medical records is the best). Again, we will help get this for you.
- • PTSD & Terminal Illnesses
- • Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- • Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- • Arnold-Chiari malformation and Syringomelia
- • Cachexia/wasting syndrome
- • Cancer
- • Causalgia
- • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- • Crohn’s disease
- • CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)
- • Dystonia
- • Fibromyalgia (severe)
- • Fibrous dysplasia
- • Glaucoma
- • Hepatitis C
- • Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- • Hydrocephalus
- • Interstitial Cystitis
- • Lupus
- • Multiple Sclerosis
- • Muscular dystrophy
- • Myasthenia Gravis
- • Myoclonus
- • Nail-patella syndrome
- • Neurofibromatosis
- • Parkinson’s disease
- • Post-concussion syndrome
- • RSD (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I)
- • Residual limb pain
- • Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- • Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy (Starting January 1, 2015)
- • Sjogren’s syndrome
- • Spinal cord disease, including, but not limited to, arachnoiditis, Tarlov cysts, hydromyelia, syringomyelia (You must have a documented MRI showing herniated disc)
- • Spinal cord injury
- • Spinocerebellar Ataxia (SCA)
- • Tourette’s syndrome
- • Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
• We do not make these diagnoses. Please have your physician establish your diagnosis (with the exception of PTSD and PCS in some cases) prior to coming in for your visit.
• You must come to the appointment with your medical records in hand or faxed/emailed to us prior to your appointment. Our doctor will review these records to make sure you have a qualified condition. We will not certify you without your medical record stating you have one of the conditions.
Types of medical records we accept:
Medical record or visit summary printed from a hospital, doctors office, or patient portal; a letter or statement from you doctor or therapist confirming your diagnosis.
• If you do not have any of the conditions above, please do not try to get the certificate. The state will reject you, and you will waste your time and money.
• Please be honest with our intake specialists. They are screening you to make sure you will not waste your time and money.
• Call us for a brief consultation if you have one of the above medical conditions. We make this process easy and painless!
After our physician certifies you, the state can take up to 90 days for your card to come to you via US Mail from the Illinois Dept. of Public Health (IDPH). You will be asked to see your doctor on a continuous basis, and we recommend seeing your doctor 4 weeks after you start using treatment.
Email us: email@example.com
As seen on 02/10/2016 Dr. Khare video and Chicago Tribune Article